Make The Ultimate Investment in Your Health This Year
With the holidays behind us, we may have indulged a bit too much on grandma’s pies, without the guilt, of course. Or you might be feeling low energy, brain fog, and overall sluggish from one too many alcoholic beverages. However, with 2022 in full swing, now is an excellent opportunity to do a juice cleanse to start the new year off on the right foot!
Good health is based on consuming nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables regularly, especially in times such as these where we are potentially faced with life-threatening viruses and illnesses. It has never been a better time to invest in your health, so we can lessen the risk of trips to the hospital or reliance on pharmaceuticals.
A juice cleanse is a great way to kickstart your health journey and continue incorporating our fresh, cold-pressed juices as part of a healthy lifestyle. We also suggest focusing on a balanced diet of whole foods, daily exercise, good quality sleep, and minimizing stress to set yourself up for a life full of boundless energy and vitality for years to come.
This guide will cover what to expect with a juice cleanse, the benefits, the do’s and don’ts of plant-based cleansing, and which of our juices at Midwest Juicery are designed to help you get the most out of your first juice cleanse.
Before getting started, it is important to note that you should always consult with your physician before embarking on any type of juice cleanse. Disclaimer: this is not medical advice.
Healthy Benefits of Juice Cleansing
- Detoxification from juicing accelerates your body in eliminating toxins.
- Flooding your body with bio-available nutrients from cold-press juicing helps with digestion and repair.
- It gives your gut and digestive system a break while nourishing your cells, healing tissue and organs, and flushing out waste.
- Boosts your immune system with higher levels of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Increases energy by reducing your dependence on stimulants and receiving fuel from nutrients instead. The ease of absorption energizes the body.
- Reduces inflammation with certain roots and herbs such as turmeric, ginger, parsley, and lemon.
- A cleanse can help you break bad habits to reset your dietary and lifestyle routine.
What to Avoid When Starting a Cleanse
Whether you are doing a five-day, three-day, or two-day cleanse, it is essential to incorporate these steps before and during your cleanse. As someone just starting, we recommend the 2-Day Juice Cleanse first to ease your body into detoxification.
- Plan to abstain from exercise or any rigorous activity so that your body uses your energy for the detoxification process.
- It is a good idea to avoid any social gatherings where you might be tempted or distracted from your cleanse.
- Avoid any stimulants or depressants such as caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid refined sugar, preservatives, and processed foods.
- Eliminate certain animal products such as dairy, red meat, bacon, jerky, and sausages.
What to Expect With Your First Juice Cleanse
In the days leading up to your cleanse, you can start by eating light and clean plant-based meals and beginning the elimination process of everything mentioned above to prime your body. Always incorporate lots of water and rest before, during, and after.
Slow is best to ease your body into the detoxification process. As mentioned, for your first time, we recommend the two-day cleanse, and then every six months or a year, you can extend to a three or five-day cleanse. If you have low blood sugar or can’t go for long periods without food, we recommend our 3 Day Digestive Detox: Organic Juice & Plant-Based Meal Kit. This cleanse incorporates small meals in addition to juice.
You may suffer from detox symptoms your first time around which is why we suggest prioritizing rest to allow your body to recover. If for any reason you are feeling weak or light-headed, then you might want to consider adding in some whole foods such as greens like celery, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, or kale, low sugar fruits, half an avocado, or a handful of raw nuts with salt to balance out your sodium. If the symptoms persist, you may want to put the cleanse off to a later date. As always, listen to your body.
During Your Juice Cleanse
The most common schedule is to drink a juice every 2-3 hours totaling six juices per day. However, following the rule of thumb to listen to your body, you should drink your juice when you feel hungry. Our Cleanse Packs provide you with six types of juice, with two bottles each for a total of 12 bottles. Remember to stay hydrated drinking lots of water and rest as often as needed.
Once your cleansing window is complete, it is best to start light on solid foods. Start incorporating whole, easily digestible foods into your daily diet with various protein, carbs, fiber, greens, healthy fats, iron, and keep your sugar low.
There is no big secret other than making your new way of eating a lifestyle and not a short-term solution. Following the 80/20 rule will ensure that it is sustainable and you don’t veer too far off track.
Why You Should Choose Midwest Juicery For Your Cleanse
- Most juice cleanses are too sweet. This can affect your blood sugar levels and make you hungrier. Our juices are loaded with a wide variety of vegetables, nourishing your body with vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and enzymes with 40% less sugar.
- 100% USDA organic. You can rest assured that there are no pesticides or other toxins in our produce.
- Cold-pressed is best! We cold-press our juices, resulting in a much more nutrient and enzyme-rich juice. And without any heat, it also maintains the fresh, delicious flavor of the raw produce.
- High-Pressure Pasteurization (HPP) is superior to heat pasteurization which means our juices last a long time in the fridge (up to 120 days!) without any preservatives and without sacrificing nutrient value.
Our Cleanse Packs include 14 servings of vegetables, three servings of fruit, and lots of ginger, turmeric + black pepper, lemons, and cayenne pepper, each day of the cleanse.
All of our Cleanse Packs include the following. 2 Day Cleanse packs come with 12 bottles of juice. Our 3 Day cleanse includes 18 bottles of juice and 5 Day cleanse includes 30 bottles of juice.
4 Carrot Gold: Carrot, Apple, Lemon, Ginger
Carrots are very high in Vitamin A, they lower blood pressure and support eye health. Lemons are high in Vitamin C, helps prevent kidney stones, improves digestive health. Ginger is anti-inflammatory, supports digestive health, and helps lower cholesterol.
All Greens Everything: Cucumber, Celery, Romaine, Kale, Lemon, Parsley, Swiss Chard, Ginger.
Cucumber is a great source of antioxidants, promotes hydration, lowers blood sugar. Celery is a great source of antioxidants, reduces inflammation, supports digestion. Swiss chard is packed with lots of antioxidants, high in Vitamin A, C & K.
Beets by Midwest: Carrot, Beet, Cucumber, Lemon, Ginger.
Beets are a great pre-workout, supports liver health, and healthy blood pressure.
Green with Envy: Apple, Romaine, Cucumber, Celery, Kale, Lemon, Parsley.
Kale is packed with Vitamin A, C & K, loaded with antioxidants, supports heart health. Parsley is rich in antioxidants, supports bone health, high in plant-based iron.
Lava Lemonade: Filtered Water, Lemon, Maple Syrup, Cayenne.
Cayenne Pepper is Packed with plant compounds, supports healthy metabolism, lowers blood sugar.
Sippin' on Ginger Juice: Filtered Water, Apple, Lemon, Ginger, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Cayenne, Black Pepper Extract.
Anti-inflammatory, a great antioxidant, and brain-boosting neurotrophic factor.
Here at Midwest Juicery, we have no doubt that you will see lasting benefits from our high-quality juices which will pay dividends to your health this year and beyond. We know how important it is to feel good and be in the best shape for yourself and your kids to live a life full of vitality.
Did you know we offer a discount for first-time customers? Because we want you to invest in your health this year, get 15% off your first order with code: NEWYEAR2022