A healthier juice for a change
So fresh, light, and delicious these cold-pressed juices are just the ticket for a healthier-for-you drink. What constitutes as ‘healthy’? There are so many different ideas and opinions around what a healthy food or drink is. I like to keep it simple and think any healthy food or drink is a nutrient dense, whole food, with minimal sugar, and minimally processed. No need to overcomplicate things really, a healthy option can be what you feel will fuel your body the best to bring you optimal health and wellness. Cold-pressed juice made from predominantly farm fresh vegetables with a little apple added as a sweetener, contain 40% less sugar than other cold-pressed juices. Consuming less sugar will boost your health and wellness for sure!
Which flavor to choose and why
With several flavors to choose from, you’re sure to find one (or three or four) juices that will quickly become your favorite. Packed full of nutrient-dense vegetables (with a select handful of fruit) organically grown on family-run farms from mainly Michigan and Wisconsin, the bottles of pure juice are light, refreshing, and the epitome of healthy in my opinion. As you can see in the photos below, these are bold colorful drinks and trust me when I say the flavor is just as spectacular!
- Lava Lemonade (Filtered Water, Lemon, Maple Syrup, Cayenne Pepper)
- Beets by Midwest (Carrot, Beet, Cucumber, Lemon, Ginger)
- 4 Carrot Gold (Carrot, Apple, Lemon, Ginger)
(Also available, but not pictured)
- All Greens Everything (Cucumber, Celery, Romaine, Kale, Lemon, Parsley, Swiss Chard, Ginger)
- Greens with Envy (Apple, Romaine, Cucumber, Celery, Kale, Lemon, Parsley)
- Green Light (Apple, Romaine, Cucumber, Swiss Chard, Lemon)
- Sippin’ on Ginger Juice (Filtered Water, Apple, Lemon, Ginger, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper Extract)
How to drink cold-pressed juice
There are so many ways to enjoy a cold-pressed juice that has just arrived fresh and cold from Midwest Juicery.
- First thing in the morning, enjoy a cold-pressed juice
- Sip on a juice for an afternoon treat (it tastes like a treat, but truly it’s helping your body eliminate toxins)
- As part of a detox cleanse (more on that here)
- Pour into a glass and enjoy with straw
- Straight from the bottle while you’re busy working
- As your body is feeling taxed with stress/anxiety, fuel up with a juice or two for extra nutrients to help bounce back quickly
Why choose cold-pressed over juiced?
“Midwest Juicery is proud to have 40% less sugar than all other juices in the US. And all of our vegetable and fruit juices are at least 50% vegetables. We truly want to help our communities solve 2 massive health issues: 1) keeping your sugar intake under control and 2) hitting your daily vegetable intake.
Cold pressing uses two metal plates to crush and press the produce which creates little to no friction, resulting in a much more nutrient and enzyme rich juice. And without any heat, it also maintain the fresh, delicious flavor of the raw produce. Cold-pressing is important for crafting the highest quality juice. That’s what Midwest Juicery uses.” – Midwest Juicery
Immune boosting benefits
It may seem the words ‘immune boosting’ are trending words right now (hello 2020 changes!), but perhaps it’s for the better? Even though the pandemic that is sweeping the world has come with a large dose of struggles and harsh realities, I believe we can look on the bright side of every single thing that comes our way. Being more in tune with our wellness and seeking out healthier immune-boosting foods and drinks is definitely a positive from the happenings of the last year. Be sure to seek immune boosting juices like these cold-pressed juices from Midwest Juicery year-round. Keeping your body in tip top shape and fueled with nourishing foods is needed when you are feeling your best,
just as much as when you’re starting to feel under the weather. Stay consistent and as always choose wisely my friends.
My personal favorites
As much as I would like to say ‘they’re all so good, I can’t choose’! I know it’s helpful to see why someone loves a flavor as much as they do, so here’s my best shot:
- Beets by Midwest – Even thought I have tried every single cold-pressed juice offered by Midwest Juicery, this earthy rich and bold in color juice will always remain my absolute favorite! A lover of beets, the flavor is extraordinary, it’s smooth, and packed with fiber, vitamin C, manganese, iron and has even shown to increased exercise performance. I love this juice at any time, truly! It’s great in the morning with a little breakfast, in the afternoon for sipping on while working, and even pre-workout I’ll find myself reaching for a fresh bottle of beets!
- 4 Carrot Gold – Come on, who doesn’t love carrots?? The health benefits of these root vegetables is phenomenal and consumed on a regular basis, your body will thank you. Boasting beta carotene, fiber, and antioxidants, you’ll get your immune boosting support with this earthy, rich, and slightly sweet (thanks to a smidge of apple) carrot cold-pressed juice. I love adding this juice as part of my lunch for added fiber and a hefty dose of vegetables!
- Lava Lemonade – Lemonade that’s packed with a punch! Move over pucker-punch highly-sweetened lemonade, there’s a new version in town! Made with tart lemons, sweet maple syrup, and hot and spicy cayenne pepper, this lemonade lives up to its ‘Lava’ name. An extra pinch of cayenne pepper that’s packed with medicinal properties and will boost your metabolism and may help with your digestive health, get’s an A+ in my book. I reach for this one in the afternoon to help keep those pesky afternoon snack cravings at bay and help keep my digestive health in check.
Where to find them
Head over to Midwest Juicery and snatch up a few flavors of juice right away! Order direct from their website and now with nationwide shipping, wherever you are, you can have cold and fresh juice delivered right to your front door!
Midwest living? Head over to a local grocery or market store and stock up! Here’s a complete list of where to find this cold-pressed juice in store.